Consumption

Written by Sara, Chris, Simon, Brett, Olivia and Brother Man and Blue Cliff Monastery, Based on mindfulness training number 5 

www.bluecliffmonastery.com


The 5th Mindfulness Training-Nourishment and Health
This is our foundation, our inner wealth
Tell me a story of a soul broken open
To have and to hold over and over again
Show me what you have seen
Show me what you have loved
Show me what you have eaten, and heard
Show me your smile
Maybe the apples we've eaten were sisters on the same tree,
and now in us they can speak to each other again-tell me your story
What I eat-I am
I consume your story
Magazines and movies
Men who fight for glory
No more, stop.
I'm going back to wisdom
This is it my friend
Let's rejoice in the Kingdom
Yes indeed, to the end
Be wise, be kind
Be your self.


You don't have to cover up loneliness, anxiety, other suffering with consumption
Come back to the breath.
Please do pay attention
This is our life and we've got to make it happen-release the tension.
Don't live in apprehension.
Be free
Just Be

More, more, more
Give me more
Where's my satisfaction?
Satisfaction promised
but I don't get any traction
I don't buy into your faction
of overaction
Who are you?
Tell me true
Are you reflecting the flashing TV screen, white and blue?
Or are you reflecting the True inner you?
You can be yourself
Dont make who you are come out of a screen or off of a shelf.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts!